Tuesday, August 25, 2009

breakthrough

So, the latest "sleep" book I've been reading in an effort to improve Molly's sleep habits suggests a crazy early bedtime to help correct sleep problems (5:30 sometimes!). So on Sunday we put Molly down at 6:30 p.m., and besides for the screaming fit from 7:45-8:15, she only woke up to eat at 1:40 and 5:40!

Well, you would be impressed if you knew her sleeping had regressed to the point that I was getting up every 1-2 hours.

Last night, we put her down at 7:15, and besides for basically screaming until 8:45 (yes, that's an hour and a half - not fun) she slept until 3:45!! (after that she didn't sleep wonderfully, but oh well) Stop the presses, she slept SEVEN hours in a row, meaning I slept six hours without having to get up - probably the most straight in four months. I think we're on to something.

Oh, and Molly's latest funny noise reminds me of this scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail where they're translating the writings on the wall of the cave and it says the holy grail can be found in the Castle of Auuuuggghhhhh.
"He must've died while carving it!"

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Yayy Sarah I am so glad you got to sleep for so long! I really hope the new sleeping schedule keeps working!

Robert and Heidi Stevener said...

That is great! It sounds like you are on to something and I am sure her sleeping habits will get better and longer as she gets older! Also, I heard that once they can start eating solids like rice cereal that helps with their sleep also! We will see...I haven't given Mariella any yet so I don't know I just heard! Love the updates!

D.O.D. said...

Arthur: What does it say?

Brother Maynard : It says: "Here may be found the last words of Joseph of Aramethia. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the Holy Grail in the Castle of AAAhhahhhhahhaaa."

Arthur: What?

Brother Maynard : The Castle of AAahaahhaaaaaa.

Sir Bedemere: What, he's dead?

Brother Maynard: He must've died while carving it.

Arthur: Oh, come on!

Brother Maynard: Well that's what it says.

Arthur: Look, if he was dying he wouldn't bother to carve "Aahhaahaaaaaa." He'd just say it.

Brother Maynard: Well that's what's carved in the rock.

Sir Lancelot: Perhaps he was dictating.

Arthur: Oh, shut up.

D.O.D. said...

ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?

ARTHUR: I am your king!

WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.

ARTHUR: You don't vote for kings.

WOMAN: Well, 'ow did you become king then?

ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake, angels sing] her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king!

DENNIS: Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR: Be quiet!

DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!

ARTHUR: Shut up! Will you shut up!

Sarah said...

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

Sarah said...

BEDEMIR: What also floats in water?

VILLAGERS:
Bread!
Apples!
Very small rocks!
Cider!
Great gravy!
Cherries!
Mud!
Churches -- churches!
Lead -- lead!

ARTHUR: A duck.