Friday, April 24, 2009

39 weeks!

We had our appointment this morning... I'm 3cm dilated and 70% effaced! Yay! (Baby is mini watermelon this week, by the way)

I was measuring small again... well I've been measuring small the whole time, but my "fundal height" hadn't changed in the past three weeks, so they sent us for another sonogram. They were able to get JC and I right over, so at least we didn't have to wait and worry for a couple days like last time.

Baby and amniotic fluid levels are great!! Measuring 6 lbs 9 oz, which apparently doesn't really mean much about what baby actually weighs. When I mentioned to the doctor I was 3cm, he said - I'll bet you've shaved off 10 hours of labor with that progress already. (!!!) So, I'd say a very happy and relieving 39 week check-up :)

Oh, and the baby is a little sideways and the head isn't quite "engaged" yet, but not posterior anymore. I'm still supposed to do my hands and knees exercises to encourage him to straighten out, but it's not anything to raise concern!

I'm in high nesting gear... it's lead to some funny crafting. See the diaper caddy I made on the left. And the labeling below. haha!
I feel so blessed to be able to take these couple weeks off to prepare, and also thank the Lord I am still feeling well. It's not like I'm miserable over here... on the contrary, I'm really enjoying every day and so excited!!

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Aww so cute, Sarah! I'm getting SO EXCITED!!

Boo Boo said...

Love your new handiwork!

Aunt Katie said...

Hi Sarah and JC!
We are so very excited and can't wait to meet Baby Crawford! Hang in there! It sounds like you are SO ready!
Much love to you and JC!

D.O.D. said...

Two words:

Jumping jacks.

Aunt P-nut said...

Is that the fabric you couldn't send me for the quilt??? Haha, just kidding! So cute Sarah!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job Sarah! And you have such a good attitude too!