Thursday, April 9, 2009

retirement and 37 weeks!

Today is my last day of work! I can hardly believe it. Free Market's been a great place to work for the past 2 1/2 years and I'm going to miss everyone!!

At my appointment on Monday, I found out I am very effaced, though not yet dilated (I won't give you the gory details, so if you want to know what that means you'll have to utilize google), and baby's head is way down, ready to go! Because of the progress, the midwife predicted (while saying no one ever really knows) I'd deliver around 38 weeks - HELLO, that's a week from now! She said to make sure we're ready but that I could definitely still go past my due date - stranger things have happened.

After my appointment I immediately called and made appointments to "interview" two pediatricians (Don't judge me, I hadn't done it yet), bought our diaper bag, and went to wal-mart to get all the lovely supplies we'll need for labor/delivery/postpartum. Tuesday night I did all our baby laundry and registered for our birth at Baylor (just in case we are transported).

I am having a really hard time believing it'll be next week. I just don't feel uncomfortable enough, like they say you'll be the month before you give birth. I could have three more weeks to get miserable though, so I will count my blessings when I can!!

OH BOY (or girl)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, really already?! Where'd the time go! I feel like it flew by (but of course I am not the one carrying a baby around 24/7). And happy retirement, I didn't know if you were retiring or not. SOOOOOOOOOOO excited, keep us posted.

keely said...

Oh how exciting!!! And I will now be anxiously checking your blog for updates on BC!