Sunday, April 4, 2010

Long time no post




Sorry it's been a while! We have had quite the week. JC was in a car wreck Tuesday where someone swerved and hit him. His truck flipped, flew up the road, was completely totalled, and he walked away with two stitches in his arm and minimal soreness. It was absolutely a miracle that he was fine and we are thanking God non-stop for his protection!


Molly took her first steps the very same day! It is precious to watch her learn how to walk. This is, as many things are to Molly (and her proud parents), very thrilling and we have no shortage of squealing at our house!



I flew the coop for the first time post-Molly this past weekend (not without a few tearful breakdowns)! I was in NYC for a bachelorette party for one of my college bffs Jenn (pic is the only one I have on my phone, but trust me there are a bazillion pictures to document it thoroughly). The only thing less than fabulous and sophisticated was all the pumping I had to do. (I know, and yes breastfeeding is awesome and worth it). If TMI, sorry.
Anyway, we stayed at the Ritz courtesy of jenn's amazing mom Saturday night, went to some fabulous places in the west village, soho, lower east side. What a blast!



Molly took a bottle while I was gone!!! To some that may sound silly because don't all babies drink bottles? But no, Molly had been refusing since December. But once I was gone she caught back on pretty immediately, or so I've been told. This was a HUGE answer to prayer.



I am actually on the plane headed home right now, and that's why I have time to compose this. We're meeting up with all the crawfords for an Easter celebration this afternoon! (picture is with great-grandmother, from last week when they came over to play)

Happy Easter to everyone. Though we live in a broken world with things like scary car wrecks, Jesus is risen!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

The Jonker Family said...

So fun that Molly took her first steps, Sarah! And that you went to NYC--way to go girl--it's always hard to leave 'em, but the best to come home!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a scary wreck, tell JC we are so glad he is okay. And I am excited for Molly's first steps and your first successful weekend away, that is a big accomplishment!