Monday, February 23, 2009

30w3d update: 3lbs 10oz!

Hey guys! At our Dr. appt last week I was measuring quite small for my due date. (For the prenatal-savvy, my fundal height was 25cm at 29w5d.) The way they measure the baby without an ultrasound is basically by poking around and using a tape measure - very imprecise.

So, we got an ultrasound today to measure baby and everything else in there - and we're all great! BC is measuring within three days of the May 1 due date (3 pounds, 10 ounces!!) and the amniotic fluid is normal. I was having a hard time believing JC and I would have a very small baby... :)

Possible reasons for the small measurement: BC was turned sideways, or super curled up, or my abs are extra strong because it's my first baby (I asked the technician if that meant they'd snap back right after birth, haha).

We didn't really tell anyone because we were nervous (don't ever google all the things that could be wrong when you're measuring small or large for your due date!) and wanted to wait until we knew what was up.

Thanks for keeping up with us,
Sarah, JC and healthy baby!

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Sarah-- The reason baby crawford was small was most definately a result of your super strong six-pack :) ("Rock abs")

Boo Boo said...

I agree with Maggie...your rock abs made it difficult to measure BC. I am so excited that you are still on schedule for May 1st! GO BC! I love you and am praying for you!!!!

Sarah said...

Rock abs, haha!! I'll tell you who has rock abs - "muscular maggie!"

D.O.D. said...

Helllloooooo... aren't you forgetting about me?

Maggie said...

Well our six packs came from you and Mom obviously. Also- Can anyone tell me why I ALWAYS spell definitely wrong?