Monday, September 14, 2009

golf weekend update

So, the intense, non-stop rain foiled JC's plans to take the Mid-Am trophy! There were tons of delays and in the end they cancelled the second round altogether. Couple that with Austin Country Club course being the most difficult JC has ever seen (If you know JC, you know that means a lot)...

So, the golf part didn't go as planned... but we rolled with the punches and had a great time relaxing together in Austin.

We got back yesterday afternoon and are just getting back in the swing of things! (No pun intended.)

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Sarah you are the best for all the posts! I get so excited when I check and there is a new one!! Sorry about the rain this past weekend though:(

D.O.D. said...

Yes, this is a great website!

I have to say, though, that I've played Austin Country Club and I brought it to its knees. Well, maybe not to its knees, but I don't remember thinking it was a particularly tough course. I scored pretty well. Tom Kite was playing in the group ahead of us. All the rain made it a lot tougher, I'm sure.

JC, if you want tough, go play Oakmont. Tiger said that a 10-handicapper wouldn't break 100 there, and he's right. Now that's a brutal course.